Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hasta la Vista, Baby (5 - E)

Image result for terminator gif
AP Lang is probably the most valuable class I've taken to date, and I know it will continue to benefit me far into the future. Learning how to take notes and write quick essays are certainly important things that I learned in this class, but that's only the material; there's so much more than that here. I learned how to properly take part in a thoughtful discussion, how to use evidence to back up my opinions. I learned that the word "aggressive" should never be used as a tone word because it only means punching someone in the face. I learned the polite way to meet someone's parents and how to act on a date. I learned that I'll never be able to watch a commercial ever again without analyzing the rhetorical appeals and complaining about it to my entire family who's just trying to watch Criminal Minds. I know these may seem like silly examples, but they really do show the full extent of knowledge that AP Lang (or at least Ms. McMahon's version of it) teaches. I know that I will be able to sit in a college class and quickly take notes while the professor lectures. I know that I will be able to discuss my work and opinions with a group of people I may or may not know and feel confident that what I'm saying has meaning and merit. I know that I will be able to write a (rough) essay in under an hour and be confident that I have explained all of my points thoroughly and cited all of my sources. And, most importantly, I know that if I ever have to pick up a date, I will be able to make a good impression on their parents and be able to lead them down any flight of stairs without them falling on their face. At the end of the day, what other knowledge could you really need?

AP Lang did more than teach me a simple school curriculum to prepare me for a test; it taught me how to live. I know I started this blog saying I never wanted to take lang, and that's still true, but I could never deny its value to my life. I've become a more prepared, more confident, and more intelligent person because of this class, and I could never forget the lessons I've learned. So even though this is hasta la vista, it isn't really a full goodbye.

Image result for stray kids waving gif


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hasta la Vista, Baby (5 - E)

AP Lang is probably the most valuable class I've taken to date, and I know it will continue to benefit me far into the future. L...